Sunday 25 August 2013

Practicing Mindfulness

When practicing the art of Zentangle, it is fun to spend time challenging yourself to create some really fun images and tiles. I love seeing the beautiful work of various artists.
I also value the practice. It is definitely what gives me some Zen. I find that I am able to experience mindfulness when practicing Zentangle.
 
There are lots of stories out there about benefits people experience through Zentangle. Likely everyone has their own. My practice has aided my sleeping and helps to lessen headaches and body pain. There's no scientific study that proves my own personal experience, but since I live in this body, I know what it does for me.
 
If you're ever interested in understanding mindfulness, I've found a nice article, recently. It's probably one of many and not the definitive guide, but it is a lovely start to understanding mindfulness if you've never thought much about it before.
 
Here is a link to the article I mention above. Improve your Focus and Cognitive Function with Mindfulness
 

1 comment: